October 21, 2015
At Precision, we have a Downers Grove plumber who can handle anything with your plumbing. Yes, that’s right, anything. And we’re not just talking about the usual flotsam and jetsam like drain clogs, although we certain take care of that too. Our Downers Grove plumber can also take on the most difficult plumbing problems, and one of those problems is pipe leaks. There are no doubt pipe leaks can lead to a huge mess in your home if not treated immediately, and it can lead to some unsanitary results that can put the health and safety of everyone at risk.
But, luckily, it’s not a challenge for our Downers Grove plumber. Precision has served residents across Downers Grove for years, and our team of plumbers have seen it all when it comes to pipe leaks. But how do you know what’s causing the leaks in the first place? Well, we can quickly identify the source of the problem and fix it quickly!
What Makes You Call for a Downers Grove Plumber?
Once we get to the root of the problem, we’ll able to fix leaks in no time. Here’s a few causes for pipe leaks you should concern yourself with and know before you call us:
- Corrosion: This is most commonly found in metallic pipes that are 15 years old or older, but that doesn’t mean it can’t occur in newer ones as well. There are several things that contribute to this corrosion – water chemistry, amount of oxygen in the water, the temperature, and the velocity/pressure of the water in the pipes.
- Excessive Pressure: If the pressure of the water flowing through the pipes is too much, it creates weak spots. If you think you have excessive water pressure in your home, you can have a pressure regulator installed, and it will hopefully solve the problem.
- Temperature Changes: You know how if you put really hot water into an ice cold glass, the glass can break? The same thing goes for your pipes. Because water expands and contracts with changes in temperature, a sudden burst of hot water into a freezing cold pipe could cause that pipe to burst.
- Frozen Pipes: Pipes that freeze can burst because of the expansion of water. Frozen or burst pipes can render your home hazardous and you may have to find another place to live as it’s prepared. This can be avoided by having one of our team members out to your home to winterize your pipes.
- Water Erosion: Over time, water is so powerful that it can cut deep into rock. This means it can do similar things to the inside of your pipes, especially if your pipes are made of copper. It can slowly erodes the inside of the pipe until it eventually breaks through.
Contact Precision today for a Downers Grove plumber who can take care of all your pipe leak problems!