October 31, 2016
Drain cleaning can save you from the hassle of high costs on plumbing bills, frequent drain clogs, and plumbing fixture damage. Clogs can be deceptive. A minor clog may not necessarily seem like a call for emergency plumbing service at first, but allowing it to grow will only allow to become a true terror for your home’s plumbing system. The next thing you know, clogs are breaking out left and right, in practically every fixture in your home. Clogs will be particularly devastating if they occur in your most essential plumbing fixtures like toilets and sinks. Imagine going a day without being able to use them. It may just become a reality if you neglect your plumbing needs long enough. There are also some much more unsanitary consequences that could spring from a drain clog, including toilet overflows and unpleasant sewer odors permeating through the entire house. Life this fall shouldn’t be spent this way, and you should instead take a proactive approach to fixing drain clogs so you avoid any of these troubles. All it can take to achieve a better peace of mind this season is just by being more attentive to your drains and following a few simple steps.
How Can Precision Help You?
Precision is here to provide you with high-quality drain cleaning this fall if you suspect a clog is ready to form in any of your fixtures. We can provide a wide range of solutions to your plumbing problems, including water jetting and drain camera detection. We even provide rootering service if your drains are dealing with tree root intrusion. If it means eliminating drain clogs as soon as possible, our drain cleaning experts are more than up for the challenge. They specialize in personable customer service that will listen to your every word and address your every question. Our plumbers make your needs the top concern so you will walk away from service feeling 100% satisfied. With their help, you will enjoy reduced spending on bills, greater fixture efficiency, and improved relaxation. We’ll even help your most essential plumbing fixtures work better and last longer than ever before.
What Drain Cleaning Tips Should You Follow?
In addition to our service, you should also play a role in drain maintenance. Here are few things you should do when you sense a problem brewing just beneath the surface:
- Boiling Hot Water: Hot water boiled on a pot or tea kettle will serve as lubrication and loosen up any sources of blockage so it can be easily removed. This is especially true for any grease or oil buildup, which is known to harden within the drainage pipe and become impossible to remove. You should pour hot water down the drain periodically to prevent any blockages from forming.
- Keep Grease and Oil Far Away: As mention previously, avoid putting grease or oil down the drain. It’s a mistake too many homeowners will make. If you are looking for a way to discard grease and oil safely, you are much better off storing it in a container first before discarding it in the regular garbage.
- Invest in Strainers: Your kitchen and sink drains are prone to experiencing clogs, as they are dealing with all sorts of material on a daily basis that will easily cause it to be blocked up. Since you cannot be expected to be plunging left and right on a daily basis, you should instead invest in strainers for your drains. Though they will also become blocked, you will only need to clean them periodically.
- Always Keep a Plunger Handy: A plunger is a simple yet effective tool in eliminating any minor clogs from your plumbing system, and it only take a few small steps to use it effectively. When your sink or toilet does clog, make sure the area is filled with some water to ensure the plunger can gain suction. Then proceed to cup the plunger over the drain and plunge repeatedly until the water levels go down.
- Use a Drain Snake: Use a drain snake to break up the clog and clear the drain for any material your plunger cannot reach. A drain snake can easily fit into the harder-to-reach areas of your drains, but you must remember to use it carefully or else it can puncture a hole into the side of plumbing pipes. .
- Pour Dish Detergent Down the Toilet: You must take any step necessary in preventing a toilet overflow, and one of those prevention methods is with dish detergent. It proves incredibly effective in eliminating toilet clogs, and it is much safer than using chemical drain cleaners. Pour a ½ cup of detergent down the toilet bowl, allowing it to sit up to 30 minutes. This amount of time will allow the detergent to work as lubricant and loosen any potential source of blockage.
Stop Clogged Drains From Getting The Best Of Your Plumbing System – Schedule A Drain Cleaning Service Today
Contact Precision today if you want to learn more on how you can change your plumbing system for the better with effective drain cleaning!