August 26, 2015
Naperville heating service is a must if you expect to survive the winter with a working furnace to keep you and your family warm. Wintertime in Naperville can see heavy snowfall, howling winds, and an arctic blast of cold temperatures that will turn everything in its wake to ice. If any of that sounds threatening to you, then it’s time to take the steps necessary to ensure your home during the winter is free of frost.
Precision is the place to call if you want Naperville heating service that won’t let you down. Our technicians perform the best furnace maintenance in Naperville to get rid of your heatless wintertime worries. Winter is also a season where it’s important to conserve energy to keep the heat flowing and energy costs down, so let Precision share some advice!
5 Ways to Get the Most Out of Your Naperville Heating Service
Saving energy in the winter is important to keep you and your entire family warm this winter. Here’s what you can do to ensure you’re getting the most out of your Naperville heating service:
- Minimize Use of Fireplaces: Relaxing by the fireplace is one of the winter’s greater perks, but it’s better to save it for special occasions. Traditional fireplaces are actually an energy waster because they can pull heated air out of your home.
- Shorten Showers: Stepping into a warm shower after a cold day can be absolutely refreshing, but it’s wise to keep shower time short. Hot water is valuable during the winter, so it’s best not to waste it and saves hundreds of gallons of water.
- Improve Ceiling Insulation: If you don’t think your home is insulated enough for the winter, add even more insulation to your ceiling. Homes without proper insulation can actually make the cost of heating rise by almost 25%.
- Seal ducts: Leaks in your ductwork can form, leading to the costs of heating in your home to raise dramatically. You may find air leaks in cupboards, closet spaces, and ceilings. Seal them up with mastic tape before it’s too late!
- Let the Sun Shine: Sometimes, all it takes to save energy is by opening up the curtains to allow the sunshine come in. Winters may get dark and stormy, but the sun will let in free heat that you’d otherwise have to rely on from furnaces and fireplaces.
Contact Precision today to learn more about how you can get the most of out of your Naperville heating service. It’s not just to save you energy, but your valuable time and hard-earned money!