October 25, 2016
Sewer repair is not something you should simply wait to get done until a later date. If you have damaged or leaking pipes, you need to get them fixed right now or else it may lead to some unsanitary consequences around the house. Even just one clog in your sewer line can wreak havoc on your entire plumbing system. This may result in you being unable to use your most essential plumbing fixtures like toilets and showers. However for many homeowners, the trouble is usually not with misunderstanding your plumbing system and instead lies in not knowing when the time is right to call. This is mainly due to the fact that sewer lines are located underground, meaning problems within the line can grow and worsen without the homeowner having any idea. Many homeowners also take their plumbing system for granted, leaving them generally inattentive even when there is a problem. Sooner than later, a homeowner wonders why their utility bills are inexplicably high and their plumbing system is well on its way toward disaster. But this rude awakening doesn’t have to happen, as identifying the signs of a sewer problem are possible. It may even just require you to give your home a closer look.
How Can Precision Help You?
When you need sewer repair, Precision should be your first-choice for emergency plumbing services. We have a team of licensed plumbers available to help you in ensuring your sewer line continues to work better than ever. The benefits of Precision’s quick sewer repair service are bountiful. In addition to better performing plumbing fixtures, fixing leaks in your sewer line immediately can shave off 10% of your home’s energy bills. We can help you save long-term money on utility bills and help keep your plumbing system in check with just a few sewer repairs. Even better, our plumbers can provide you a clearer understanding into the inner workings of your plumbing system so you will know how to avoid any future trouble.
Beware of These 8 Sewer Repair Warning Signs
At Precision, we think it’s important to brush up on your knowledge of sewer problem warning signs so you will be able to clearly communicate problems to one of our plumbers during repairs. Though you may not be able to see your sewer line in action, warning signs of a problem may pop up in the most unexpected ways. Please pay attention to any of these 8 warning signs in your home:
- Wet Spots on Landscape: Unexplained wet spots on your landscape are one of the more immediate signs of a sewer problem. Given that these wet spots won’t necessarily be filled with clean water, they will put the sanitation of your home at risk. It may be indicative of a more serious problem in immediate need of attention.
- High Costs on Water Bills: A faulty sewer line may be to blame for high costs on your upcoming water bills. This can be frustrating, especially if you are paying more for water you are not even using. You should call Precision before the situation gets much worse. One leak can cost you several gallons of water if you wait too long for service.
- Foul Odors: Are you beginning to smell something unpleasant from your sewer line? This may indicate your malfunctioning sewer line is producing standing water. Not only is this highly unsanitary, it will also take away from home atmosphere considerably, making it difficult to catch a breath of fresh air.
- Strange Noises: If you are beginning to hear gurgling noises, it is an immediate cause for concern, as your sewer line ideally shouldn’t be making any noise whatsoever. This usually means a clog is on its way. It is also concerning if you hear the sound of running water even if nobody in your household is using a fixture or if water is struggling to pass through the drainage pipe, as this indicates a clog.
- Multiple Clogged Fixtures: Experiencing clogs seemingly from all angles of your plumbing fixture? Whatever you do, don’t panic and instead call for sewer repair service. One clog may be manageable with the simple use of a plunger. Malfunctioning sewer systems can clog in the hard-to-find areas, which makes a professional drain cleaning service all the more important in this situation.
- Bugs & Rodents: If you get squeamish at the sight of bugs and rodents, this sign will be most alarming to you. Bugs and rodents will be attracted to the broken areas of your sewer system as it provides them with a dark, small space to rest. Rats in particular are attracted to the odor of a leaking sewer line.
- Old Age: Though sewer lines can last for years, any line aged past 40 years should be inspected by a plumber, as it’s more likely to experience breakdowns. If a sewer line is made of outdated materials like clay or cast iron, you may need to consider sewer replacement entirely or else you risk the line totally collapsing.
- Cracked or Broken Pipes: While cracking or other physical damage will be more likely in older pipes made from outdated materials, it is still important to give them a close inspection for any problems. Even the smallest cracks can turn into a larger problem. You should call for pipe repair before it begins to interfere with the performance of your fixtures.
Don’t Get Stuck In An Emergency Situation – Schedule Your Sewer Repair Before It’s Too Late
Contact Precision today if you want to make sure your plumbing problems are fixed this season with our high-quality sewer repair!